Welcome to the Unkle Wiki
This is an unofficial wiki relating to Unkle, James Lavelle and Mo'Wax
The primary emphasis of this site is to create a gigography collecting reviews, photos, posters etc. for every Unkle gig. But it can be more. It would be amazing to expand to all Mo'Wax artists, but that is up to you.
- 3/12 - On Thursday Dec 1, James Lavelle DJed at Spiritland: Royal Festival Hall, to celebrate the life and legacy of Dom Phillips. All proceeds raised will go towards completing Dom's book How To Save The Amazon. Also appearing were Darren Emerson, Lottie, Dave Seaman, Jon Carter, Bill Brewster, Chad Jackson and DJ Gruff. James's set was at 11pm. Details on Instagram.
- 3/12 - That's How It Is is back next year during Easter Bank Holiday Monday at Printworks London. Presale opened 30th November 11am and tickets are now on sale as of 1st December 11am. Full lineup is TBC but James Lavelle is a given. Tickets available here.
- 3/12 - Episode 116 of Electronically Yours with Martyn Ware features James Lavelle. Listen here.
- 3/12 - A live video has been added to the recent Roland article. See it here.
- 3/12 - James Lavelle will DJ at Ramsgate Music Hall Saturday 15 April 2023.
- 3/12 - The latest Original Headz newsletter came out last week. Inside, James Lavelle writes about working on some new club mixes with Miink, he appears in the book The Shining: A Visual and Cultural Haunting, edited by Craig Oldham, new merch is coming, and shares some photos from the 1995 LA Unkle sessions. Read the full newsletter here.
- 3/12 - The latest episode James Lavelle's Living In My Headphones aired last week and is now available to listen back to here on Mixcloud.
- 1/11 - Roland interviewed James Lavelle and Alex James of PLEASURES about their recent collaboration and the Mo' Wax legacy. Read that here.
- 1/11 - The latest Original Headz newsletter came out last week. Inside, James Lavelle writes about Ronin II merch, the recent PLEASURES collaboration, and the first Mo' Wax release by Repercussions. Read the full newsletter here.
- 21/10 - The UNKLE + Mo'Wax + PLEASURES + Roland Lifestyle collaboration is out now. Read about the release on HYPEBEAST, and buy them now from the Pleaseures store.
- 21/10 - A free launch event for the Pleasures merch featuring James Lavelle and Charlie Dark was held last week. James Lavelle posted a photo on his Instagram.
- 30/9 - The latest episode James Lavelle's Living In My Headphones aired yesterday and is now available to listen back to here on Mixcloud.
- 30/9 - James Lavelle was guest on Charlie Dark's Worldwide FM program. Details here for 'PEACE, POSITIVITY AND BLESSINGS: CHARLIE DARK WITH JAMES LAVELLE'.
- 28/9 - James Lavelle and Miink are interviewed in issue 6 of DEK. Details here.
- 28/9 - A new collaboration billed as UNKLE + Mo'Wax + PLEASURES + Roland Lifestyle has been announced as coming next month. The first image has been teased on Roland Lifestyle's Instagram here, and some more photos here.
- 1/9 - Yesterday Rōnin II was released digitally. It is available on streaming services or to purchase from your preferred service. Links here. Note: These are available mixed and unmixed like Rōnin I. Read the newsletter announcement here.
- Official UNKLE website.
- James Lavelle on Facebook
- James Lavelle on Spotify
- Mo' Wax Please - Unkle / Mo'Wax Fan Site
- Unkle77 Forum - Unkle / Mo'Wax Fan Forum
About Editing this wiki
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.