Welcome to the Unkle Wiki
This is an unofficial wiki relating to Unkle, James Lavelle and Mo'Wax
The primary emphasis of this site is to create a gigography collecting reviews, photos, posters etc. for every Unkle gig. But it can be more. It would be amazing to expand to all Mo'Wax artists, but that is up to you.
Recent / Upcoming Events
- Feb 29 - James Lavelle DJing at Ravenswood for Eat or Heat, London. Details here.
- May 23 - James Lavelle will take part in a live listening of UNKLE's War Stories album with Tim Burgess on Twitter. Previously announced here on Twitter. The date has been confirmed on his website.
- Aug 2020 (CANCELLED) - We Out Here festival, That's How It Is special with James Lavelle, Gilles Peterson & guests. Details here. Read about the cancellation here.
Recent / Upcoming Releases
- Summer 2020 - Psyence Fiction Director's Cut (TBC)
- 30/7 - James Lavelle appears on the latest episode of the Trailblazers podcast. Listen on Deezer here.
- 30/7 - The latest episode of James Lavelle's Living In My Headphones is now on Mixcloud. The episode will be the last for a while as Lavelle has said he is taking a break to focus on finishing other projects.
- 29/7 - Worldwide.fm have uploaded part four of James Lavelle's That's How It Is Def Mix alongside the commentary version. Listen on Mixcloud here, and find links to the other episodes and commentary versions on the Worldwide website.
- 29/7 - Yesterday James Lavelle posted the following statement on the UNKLE Facebook page: "I was utterly appalled and disappointed by the comments made by Wiley towards the Jewish community this weekend, and the lack of action taken by social media platforms. Antisemitism, as with all forms of racism, is something that completely and utterly unacceptable and has no place in our society. I stand by my Jewish family, my daughter, great friends and all of those I’ve worked with in this diverse world of music and art, and continue to stand against all forms of racism. I will be observing the 48 hour boycott of twitter and instagram."
- 25/7 - UNKLE have remixed Perry Farrell's Let's All Pray For This World. The Let's All Pray For This World (UNKLE Reconstruction) is available now as a 7 minute version, or shorter radio edit.
- 24/7 - Yesterday James Lavelle appeared on Pass The Mic, a show on the Beastie Boys Channel on SiriusXM. DJ Shadow also appeared on Pass The Mic earlier in the week. You can listen at Siriusxm.
- 19/7 - Worldwide.fm are playing part three of James Lavelle's That's How It Is Def Mix today. Details here.
- 19/7 - DJ Shadow recently spoke to Pitchfork and it was revealed that a new documentary is in the works about his career. The film is referred to as a "mini-doc" and titled DJ Shadow: Lost and Found. Read the feature on here.
- 14/7 - Worldwide.fm have recently played James Lavelle's That's How It Is Def Mix episodes one and two, and have also shared special version with commentary by James Lavelle. Details here.
- 14/7 - The latest episode of James Lavelle's Living In My Headphones is now on Mixcloud. Last weeks episodes was a repeat, and this new episode is James Lavelle's first back in the studio since the Corona Virus started.
- 5/7 - UNKLE have released a series of t-shirts supporting the NHS. These are available from the Merch section of UNKLE's store.
- 5/7 - Worldwide.fm are playing James Lavelle's That's How It Is Def Mix on Sunday. Details here. The next three parts of the mix are still being teased, but no dates have been confirmed for release.
- 5/7 - The latest episode of James Lavelle's Living In My Headphones was advertised as airing on June 29 but has not appeared online. It is possible it didn't air.
- James Lavelle on Facebook
- James Lavelle on Spotify
- Mo' Wax Please - Unkle / Mo'Wax Fan Site
- Unkle77 Forum - Unkle / Mo'Wax Fan Forum
About Editing this wiki
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software. Note: There is a bug in Safari 12 (and possibly some other browsers) which causes users to be logged out constantly. You can get around this by opening a private browsing window (Command+Shift+N). Sorry for the inconvenience.